Thursday, January 24, 2019

Changing Paths

For the longest time, probably since I was in middle school I always thought business was what I wanted to do. I never really new what in business but I just new that it would be a good choice for me. As I look back I realized that I picked business because it was in my comfort zone and I really wasn't exposed to anything else. So freshman year I went in as a marketing major and I was thrown in to many course like accounting, business calculus, business law and I soon realized that business was not for me. The difficult part was that I still liked the idea of marketing but having it be lots of math was not for me. I then took an internship at a clothing company where I was in the public relations departing and fell in love with it. The only thing I was scared about was regarding switching my major to a bachelor of the arts degree since I don't find myself that creative and I am the least artistic person I know. Jump forward a year later I am in my first class in my major, Digital Media. I am a bit nervous because I have never done anything like this before but I have a feeling that Im going to like it. I know i'm going to have to work hard in this class since I feel like i'm a bit behind but I am excited. Eager to learn more about technology, different software and maybe even dig deep to find my inner artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment